Friday, February 10, 2012

The Queen's Garden Party

Possibly the most unlikely of candidates, Justin and I have been invited to the Queen's Garden Party on May 29th at Buckingham Palace.

So how the heck did this happen? A girl that Justin knows through his good friend Chris works for the Canadian embassy. She send Justin details on how to apply to the Canadian government, and then they put our names forward.

I received an email a few days ago from the Royal Events Coordinator saying we were successful in our ballot for an invitation and that our invitation pack with details on dress code and security etc will be available 6 weeks before the event.

What happens at a garden party? I didn't know, so I found this website that explains it all and even has a super cool neato video explanation! Sounds like it's not up Justin's alley at all, but it's definitely a unique experience and I think he's looking forward to that. We have to find him a suit to wear (probably from a charity shop?), and I have no idea what I am going to wear, but I do know I am required to wear a hat, so that's fun!

So Justin and I will be representing Canadians this diamond jubilee year at Buckingham Palace. Certainly not anything I expected to be doing in my lifetime. We will try our best to be proper and refined.

Thinking of everyone.
Gen

4 comments:

  1. Goes to show, you just do not know what is going to come your way, during your life time.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up! This is amazing! Have you told Amanda Bates? She is going to DIE.
    What are the dress code requirements? Miss you.

    Jasmine

    PS Love how you already call it a 'charity shop'. That Britspeak is catchy, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! That's going to be such an awesome experience! Can't wait to hear all the details.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is effing hilarious, oh justin you must where a top hat hahhahahahahha.....mmmm cucumber sandwiches wish this shit was televised hope to see you in the next garden party information film


    love katlin

    ReplyDelete